What just happened!?!?!

TheInconceivable1
Hi wayne, I'm sorry but you totally lost me at the end of the first dream treader book. I really liked the book overall but I could use some clarification on the end. Everything really started to break down for me on the final battle sean. First you said the Nightmare Lord's army is entirely composed of lucid walkers who had eaten gort which seems to carry some problems. If the zombie army is composed of people who are dead in the temporal but the Nightmare lord still controles there bodys in the dream it makes a little sense but if they are actually alive in the temporal and just being controlled in the dream wouldn't killing them in the dream kill them in real life? also they invade the fortress and all the other lucid walkers just disappear except Kara and Rigby. Were latter informed their dead but why would they die and not Rigby and Kara? where those two just that much stronger? Also while we're on the topic of strength Archer seems really weak in this final scene. He doesn't seem to live up to his all powerful dream treaded reputation. Then somehow he uses like all his energy up on killing the two trees (while also killing his dream treader teammates which, since they stayed to long, he actually did kill not just keep them from dreamtreading ever again which, by the way, he needed way more severe consequences for). Then somehow we see the seen from Kara's dream earlier in the book where she's about to kill rigby and we are informed the Lurker is under the Nightmare lords control. How does the Nightmare lord not know Karas not under his control, IT mean if you were controlling people like puppets I feel like it would be really obvious when they were not under your control. Then the prophecy from Kara's dream does not come true and she stabs the nighmearlord in the eye somehow while archer was barely able to touch him earlier. Then archer steals his crown and instead of going after the one who stuck a knife in his eye the nightmare lord goes after Archer? Then when Archer almost reaches his anchor, he apparently gets a tendril and basically shows the nightmare lord his entire plan and yet the nightmare lord still falls for it! Besides that the whole thendral induced dream doesn't seem to take any time which seem counterintuitive to how they were described earlier. Lastly when the nightmare lord is taken to the temporal archer, a 14 year old kid, somehow beats up a grown man! Ok thats the end of my rant. I have other questions but I assume they will be answered in the next book. Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any calcification you can give.
Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."