What is a Patron and How do I become a Patron?

What is a Patron and How do I become a Patron?

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
I'm Wayne Thomas Batson. I'm a Christian, an artist, an author, a teacher, a husband, Dad, and friend. I've published 15 books since 2005, several of which became bestsellers in Young Adult niche markets. But the publishing world has changed. Authors no longer have to accept the pittance royalties that legacy publishers offer. We can step out on our own. We can write the stories that make our hearts leap and our imaginations thrum. We can write the stories our readers ask for and maybe even a few stories we all need. But being on our own means a ton of money up front. Cover art, interior design, editing—all come out of pocket. No easy thing for a father of four teenagers, several of whom are entering college age.

Patreon is a beautiful thing. It harkens back to Renaissance times when patrons would monetarily support the artists they loved. I'm hoping to be a part of a new Renaissance, one that prompts Christian artists to again lead the way by being excellent at their craft, not shallow and preachy. I will support those who wish to contribute to that end. Won't you consider supporting us too?

If you want more information -or- are ready to become a Patron, click here:
https://www.patreon.com/WayneThomasBatson