The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

HoppyTaco
About 5 years ago, I was lucky enough to stumble upon The Door Within trilogy at a GoodWill. All the books were there, and I bought them really cheap. I had no idea who Wayne Thomas Batson was, but after reading those first books, I was hooked. I bought both Isle of Swords and Isle of Fire, and shortly after A Sword in the Stars and The Errant King. Waiting for Mirror of Souls, I bought his new series, the Dreamtreaders, and laughed as each one listed 'Mirror of Souls' as a published book in the list of other books Batson has written. I have yet to purchase the Berinfell Prophecies or Ghost, along with the Isle mash-up. I've been waiting patiently for Mirror of Souls. He promised it back in 2015, then in 2016, and now in 2017. The Forsaken Continent was said to come out last month. It hasn't.

I'm not saying Wayne Thomas Batson is a liar. I'm not saying I'm removing him from my favorite author. I understand he has a lot going on right now. I just wish he wouldn't promise us something multiple times and not deliver.

So please, find some way to release the books soon. Please return to releasing your legendary books.

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

Ariel Evershield
Thanks for posting about this, HoppyTaco. I understand what you're feeling as well.
I'm a huge Batson fan as well, and he stands next to Lewis and Tolkien in my list of favorite authors. I understand that everyone is human, and that we should all give people grace. I understand he has had a lot of things going on in his life lately, many of which we probably don't even know about, and that has delayed him from continuing his publishing schedule.
But at the same time, I wish desperately to see this series finished.
I've been very encouraged in my hoping for it since Mr. Batson has been able to re-publish "Sword in the Stars". I have yet to read the new version of it, but I plan to do so very soon. I also hope that he will be able to continue this trend and steadily add to the series, as I am sure that there are many fans like you and I that are wanting to find out the rest of the story.

Oh yes, and I simply must add: while we're waiting for "Mirror of Souls", you need to read the Berinfell series!! I am currectly re-reading them for the 3rd time now, and they're just a good as the first time around. Every re-read brings out new bits I hadn't noticed before, whether that be details of the story, hints of foreshadowing, or intricacies of the characters (who are definitely some of the best Mr. Batson and Mr. Hopper have crafted). :)
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/