The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

HoppyTaco
About 5 years ago, I was lucky enough to stumble upon The Door Within trilogy at a GoodWill. All the books were there, and I bought them really cheap. I had no idea who Wayne Thomas Batson was, but after reading those first books, I was hooked. I bought both Isle of Swords and Isle of Fire, and shortly after A Sword in the Stars and The Errant King. Waiting for Mirror of Souls, I bought his new series, the Dreamtreaders, and laughed as each one listed 'Mirror of Souls' as a published book in the list of other books Batson has written. I have yet to purchase the Berinfell Prophecies or Ghost, along with the Isle mash-up. I've been waiting patiently for Mirror of Souls. He promised it back in 2015, then in 2016, and now in 2017. The Forsaken Continent was said to come out last month. It hasn't.

I'm not saying Wayne Thomas Batson is a liar. I'm not saying I'm removing him from my favorite author. I understand he has a lot going on right now. I just wish he wouldn't promise us something multiple times and not deliver.

So please, find some way to release the books soon. Please return to releasing your legendary books.

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

Ariel Evershield
Thanks for posting about this, HoppyTaco. I understand what you're feeling as well.
I'm a huge Batson fan as well, and he stands next to Lewis and Tolkien in my list of favorite authors. I understand that everyone is human, and that we should all give people grace. I understand he has had a lot of things going on in his life lately, many of which we probably don't even know about, and that has delayed him from continuing his publishing schedule.
But at the same time, I wish desperately to see this series finished.
I've been very encouraged in my hoping for it since Mr. Batson has been able to re-publish "Sword in the Stars". I have yet to read the new version of it, but I plan to do so very soon. I also hope that he will be able to continue this trend and steadily add to the series, as I am sure that there are many fans like you and I that are wanting to find out the rest of the story.

Oh yes, and I simply must add: while we're waiting for "Mirror of Souls", you need to read the Berinfell series!! I am currectly re-reading them for the 3rd time now, and they're just a good as the first time around. Every re-read brings out new bits I hadn't noticed before, whether that be details of the story, hints of foreshadowing, or intricacies of the characters (who are definitely some of the best Mr. Batson and Mr. Hopper have crafted). :)
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

Winraven Amberglade
Hi, Ariel!  I agree, The Berinfell Prophecies are AMAZING!  I love them a lot; Batson and Hopper did an awesome job with it.  It was my first series I read by Batson, and now I am working on The Door Within and maybe soon Dreamtreaders.  Yeah, I recommend The Berinfell Prophecies to my friends who are book lovers too!
-Winraven

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

TheInconceivable1
Definitely recommend the door within but I just finished the dreamtreaders series and i'm questioning the endings. there still good but not as good...
Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Okay.  Thanks for the heads up! ;)  Yeah, just my opinion(and I haven't even read many of his books anyway), but honestly The Berinfell Prophecies is his and Christopher Hopper's best work yet.  And right now for me, it is the best series I have ever read.  The Door Within is kinda similar to it too, but nothing compares to Berinfell! :)
-Winraven

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

TheInconceivable1
Ya I remember really enjoying the door within serize (Have you read the end yet? Man thats like the best ending to any book ever in my opinon.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Winraven Amberglade [via The Phantom Pen] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay.  Thanks for the heads up! ;)  Yeah, just my opinion(and I haven't even read many of his books anyway), but honestly The Berinfell Prophecies is his and Christopher Hopper's best work yet.  And right now for me, it is the best series I have ever read.  The Door Within is kinda similar to it too, but nothing compares to Berinfell! :)
-Winraven

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Return-of-Wayne-Thomas-Batson-tp130p195.html
To start a new topic under The Phantom Pen, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from The Phantom Pen, click here.
NAML

Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

Winraven Amberglade
No, I haven't finished the series yet.  I still have to get Rise of the Wyrm Lord from the library.  Heh, heh, I'm am kinda behind...
Wow, I am really excited for the ending now! It sounds really good.
Happy New Year!
-Winraven

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

TheInconceivable1
Cool I know you'll love it : ). saw your post about berinfell prophecies thing it cool to meet other fan and writers! Maybe we could excange writing, you know just a paragraph or something?

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Return-of-Wayne-Thomas-Batson-tp130p204.html

Winraven Amberglade
Thanks! :) Yeah, I agree; I love meeting fans of WTB's work.  And yeah, that sounds cool about exchanging writings and stuff.  I would be up for doing it.  Are you a writer too? I would love to hear your work. :)

Re: The Return of Wayne Thomas Batson.

TheInconceivable1
Sweet! I am a writer (but not a dedicated one) and I would love to switch some writing (and advice). I'll send you and email and we can talk there

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Return-of-Wayne-Thomas-Batson-tp130p208.html