The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
I have two other "Isle" pirate books outlined. I'm thinking of taking one of them to full novel, trying to time the release with the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

It'll either be:

Isle of Stars

-or-

Isle of Blood

Any thoughts?

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

Air Pirate
I've been waiting for another pirate book from you for years!  That's a pretty nice marketing trick to release it around the next Caribbean movie. ;)

Isle of Blood sounds like a title more in tune with the novels you've been putting out of late - dark and gripping.  Isle of Stars has a mystical feel to it.  But they both sound pretty awesome to me.

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
Cool, thanks!

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

B_Wheaton7
Loving "Isle of Blood", but I agree that both sound good. Also, this would be the best thing ever. I have read those books so many times and pulled new things from them each time, so I would be soooo excited for a third! Just lent the first one to a kid I worked with this summer (who loves Pirate's of the Caribbean but isn't generally much of a reader) because he asked me to pick a book for him, and he's enjoying it thus far as well.

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
Awesome! Thanks for passing the book along to someone else!

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

Kai Ludger
In my humble opinion, Isle of Stars sounds like a continuation, where Isle of Blood sounds like a conclusion;)  you seem to
Love Trilogies, but the series holds much potential for adding to. You could develop personal threads of each character in so many ways, but a gripping conclusion where it all pulls together could be great as well. Whatever you decide will be amazing, because you always let God lead! ;)

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

Fabist Gondesteign
Isle of Stars sounds like it would be a location with something of value: treasure, magical beings, or possible a place of mental illumination. The Isle of Blood sounds like it would describe a more sinister place, nearer to the doors of the Lake of Fire or some other scene as bleak. Both would be great titles; I simply think that the title would vary based on the direction that you would want to take the book.

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

Kayleigh
I'm so glad that you are writing more "Isle" pirate books!  Being a pirate and sailing fanatic myself, this series is, unsurprisingly, my favorite of all your books that you've written.  It has also been my inspiration for writing my own Christian pirate/adventure series.  My series is still a work in progress, but I don't think I would have gotten this far if it weren't for your books as inspiration.  I love your books and am looking forward to reading more!

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
Putting the finishing touches on Isle of Stars now. It has really grown in the telling and will end up much LONGER than I initially planned. Can't wait to share it with you. Here's the cover:

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

HxNerd
I'm glad you've been able to continue this series, though to me, all your other wonderful books should come AFTER Mirror of Souls and the rest of the Dark Sea Annals series.

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

robinhood1215
Wait... are these books in the Dark Sea Annals or is it another series?

Re: The Future of Griffin Thorne and Company

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
Isle of Stars is a novelette that chronologically would come 3rd after Isle of Swords & Isle of Fire. This is NOT part of the Dark Sea Annals. Mirror of Souls will be book 3 of the DSA series. :-D