The Final Storm Scene

Autumn Meadowlark
This post was updated on .
Hi, Sir Wayne. :)
I love the Door Within series. They're awesome. However, in The Final Storm there's a spot where things are massively overlooked. At the end of chapter 28, "A Superior Foe?" when Aidan runs into Antoinette. How did he not recognize her? I didn't think she was wearing her helmet, so her hair would have been a dead giveaway, and if she were wearing a helmet then wouldn't he still have recognized Daughter of Light? Or her Alleble armor that Zabed had commented on before? In any event he wouldn't have been preparing to kill her before she noticed who he was.
It was just something I noticed the last time I was reading them, and I figured I'd point it out.

-Autumn

Re: The Final Storm Scene

Winraven Amberglade
Hey! Sorry, I know I'm not Mr. Batson, but I have just finished The Final Storm and was actually wondering about that part too.  I think I have it figured out.  I'm not sure about Aidan recognizing her armor or if she had a helmet, but here's what I've got for Aidan, in general, not realizing who she was.
The hallway they were in was described as a "long, dark hall" so it would be pretty hard to see anyone in there.  There was also some light in the hall, but it was just one torch on the wall.  I guess it didn't give off much light, but just enough for Antoinette to see that he was a Paragor Knight.  And I guess they both fought in the shadows in the dark, so they couldn't really see each other.  But yeah, Antoinette's hair would be really easy to spot.  The light probably didn't penetrate that far to reach her.
So, yeah, that's all I've got.  Sorry about this being so late. :)  Mr. Batson, please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

Never alone!
-Winraven