The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
Hey, The Berinfell Prophecies fans!  I have been working on a Berinfell book of my own for a bit now and I would just like to get it out there.  It is not necessarily a Berinfell book four, just some cool idea I came up with after reading Venom and Song.  It is a mix between The Berinfell Prophecies and another series I enjoy called the Kingdom Keepers.  The Kingdom Keepers is a really good series(to those of you that have never heard of it).  It is not in the Christian genre, but it is still is good in my opinion.  There isn't any bad stuff in it which is good.  It takes place in the Disney parks, and the author(cool, but not to the extent of awesome as Wayne Thomas Batson is) really paints the picture of all the Disney places and stuff.
Here is the link to more information about the series.
http://ridleypearson.com/book/kingdom-keepers-i-disney-after-dark/

Anyway, I thought these two awesome series would be interesting together, and so I made my book!  I don't know what the title is called yet, but I have gone through one notebook and am in the process of another one, as well as having another notebook with lots of inspiration.  Technically, I am working on about three books right now.  One is this, another is a book dedicated to Goldarrow and Grimwarden, and the third is my take on a Berinfell Prophecies book four.  Plus, my sister and I are already planning plenty of others in the future.  She was actually the one who got me into reading The Berinfell Prophecies, and now she's my "editor."  I feel like I have really grown in my faith because of Mr. Batson's books, especially with Berinfell Prophecies.  Thank you, Mr. Batson!
So just putting that out there about my book, and Karis Nightengale, I am SO looking forward to your Berinfell four.  It sounds really awesome!

Endurance and Victory!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Hey, sounds awesome! Keep us posted on those!
Thank you, Winraven =)
Endurance and Victory!
~Karis
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
You're welcome.  I definitely will post more stuff about it.  Possibly even sneak peeks of the book.😉
Endurance and Victory!

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Karis Nightengale [via The Phantom Pen] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, sounds awesome! Keep us posted on those!
Thank you, Winraven =)
Endurance and Victory!
~Karis
~Karis Nightengale

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Berinfell-Prophecies-Mashup-Book-tp166p168.html
To unsubscribe from The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book, click here.
NAML

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
Hey everyone!  I decided to post a small bit of my book today.  It is definitely not finished, and I might even edit some of it, but for now, here's a sneak peek!

A portal opened revealing a swirling mass of dark blues and horrid blacks.  One side of the portal-the side that opened up-invited the huddle of cloaked figures to come in.  The other side belonged to a whole other world; one that not many humans knew existed. A world with good and evil.  A world mostly good than evil, but all of that was about to change.  This world had a deep history of strong bloodlines, strong races, strong warriors.  It was determined to thrive on both ends.  The both ends being: the good and the evil.  Battles raged between these two for too many years to count, and now a new battle would begin.  One that would join two worlds together.  Test forces.  Practice leadership.  A battle no one, not even this world, could ever imagine.  But here it was.  The beginning of a historic legacy.  The final chapter.
       One by one, the dark cloaked figures stepped through the portal.  All that was visible of them were their feet.  Heeled shoes stepped through followed by more heels and then boots.  Men's shoes, women's heels.  All traveled through to the other side of the portal.  There they gathered awaiting further instructions from supposed allies.
       All of a sudden, dark, bulky creatures emerged from behind bare trees and craggy rocks.  They confronted the other figures as one.
       The cloaked men and women were, to be honest, a little frightened of the creatures.  They were all on the same team, but both bands might take some getting used to each other.
       One of the inhuman creatures stepped forward,  It held out a hand.  If you could even call it a hand.  "Welcome."
                                                                               ***
A portal opened revealing dark blues, light blues, and purples.  It was expecting a group of natives to both sides of the portal.  The portal was located in a deep forest on the stone wall of a crumble of ruins.
       Suddenly, the psychedelic portal stretched and the middle extended all the more bigger.  A human figure could be made out, emerging from the portal.  At first just a silhouette outlined by the portal, but now a face and clothing could be visible.  A man.  Not an older man, but a boy just in his twenties.
       Next came a girl his age.  She was wearing a similar garb as he, but her's had some feminine touches to it.  Same dark color and armor.  The girl stood next to him; both were standing side-by-side trying to catch a glimpse of light through the thick forest mixed with ruins.
      This was pretty much the same for the rest of them.  Another boy and girl.  Yet another boy accompanied by a girl.  A boy...no girl.  A strong-looking man.  A gentle-looking lady.  A man with unusual eyes.  A lady a little older than the boys and girls by about six or seven years.  A hearty woman followed stepping out of the portal, creating a vibrating echo throughout the ruins.  She was a woman not to be messed with.  More men and women followed, carrying children.
      When the last of the group came through, they all took in their surroundings,  Recognition washed over some of the group like a giant wave.  Happy recognition and sad memories.  The men and women with children touched all the stones as if just touching them would bring the events and their loved ones rushing back.  In a few cases, it could.  Anything was possible.
      As they traversed deeper into the forest, the first pair of boys and girls took their time.  The girl spoke first.
      "I can't believe this is the last place I ever saw Mr. Wallace.  The real Mr. Wallace." She wiped a tear away with the back of her fingers. "It was so long ago..."
      The boy patted her shoulder lightly. "I know.  We were so young back then...unexperienced.  No idea what would happen next."
      "Our gifts matured so much." Then she looked him straight in the eyes, "And so have we."
      He looked away, embarrassed by her comment.  "Uh, yeah, I guess we have."
      She giggled softly and walked on, brushing her fingertips against the stones as she passed.  "I can feel the history.  It flows through these ruins.  Battles with swords.  Fire.  Screaming.  And..." She gasped.
      "What is it?"
      "Us.  From when we were here.  The Battle of Dalhousie.  The Cragons and Drefids after us as we fled to the only open portal.  Wow," she concentrated harder. "Wait!  I'm going so far back to the destruction of these ruins.  Oh, they were so beautiful back then, but they got destroyed."
      She looked back at the boy. "I wish you could see this.  These ruins were once a magnificent, towering fortress of some kind.  Ah, amazing."
      "Hey, look!" The boy pointed straight ahead. "There's the castle!  Gosh, I missed it here."
      "What?  Where?" She strained to look, but saw no sign of a castle through the thick vegetation.
      "Oh, sorry!  It's my strong eyesight.  Don't worry; we're nearly out of the clearing."

Okay, so that is about all I want to share for now without totally spoiling anything.   Again, I might change it up a bit later because this was one of my original writings, and I don't feel like I got everything accurate in this scene.  Later on, it picks up more and I have a better feel for it, so there shouldn't be as many edits out of the book.  Well, hope you enjoyed this!  Any feedback or even suggestions of the book are definitely encouraged.
Endurance and Victory!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Hey, awesome! One thing: when you introduce so many characters, it may be a little vague to just say 'figures.' Give us something more than a 'female and male, male alone' etc., to identify them by, which you did with some! But I'm a Berinfell fan, and I didn't know who they all are! ;)
Great descriptions though! I'm curious how they got back to Earth when the Tide of Unmaking made it impossible (or so we think!) I'm looking forward to seeing how you make that happen! :D
Do we have any type of a timeline, or is that secret? :) I know how secrets go!
-Karis
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
Thanks for the feedback!  Yeah, I do a little bit more describing of the characters later on.  But you are right; I should definitely emphasize more on their appearances and stuff like that.  The sneak peek that I posted wasn't the very beginning of the book.  Yeah that would really be confusing that way!  The part I shared comes maybe around the third chapter or so...
Um...as for the whole Tide of Unmaking thing...I'm curious too!  Heh, heh.  I seriously haven't figured that part out that much, but I should probably get on to that soon!  I really should have thought that all through in the first place.  Ugh, why didn't I?!
But as for the timeline, that's no secret.  It takes place after the Tide of Unmaking, maybe a few months after to a year, but not really far into the future.  It had to have taken place after the Tide because I couldn't have done it after Venom and Song...considering the minor umm..."accident."  ;) I, of course, wanted ALL of the main characters in here, and it also worked better with them being older.
I'll include the very beginning ASAP.
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
TBP_beginning.PNG
Okay, here is the very beginning of my book.
Endurance and Victory!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Cool, awesome! Lol, I know how it goes when you try to write something, and you're like 'ooh this works perfect!' and then you find a hole in the story plot! I've done it soo many times, in Berinfell, too!
Oh wow, that's a very intriguing beginning! Very interesting, it seems, how we both started with evil ... I guess we writers like to hook the readers fast, eh? ;) Sounds good so far!

~Karis Nightengale

Karis Nightengale
~ a
 song in the darkness
 ~

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Berinfell-Prophecies-Mashup-Book-tp166p173.html

~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
Thanks!  Lol, yeah, starting out with something evil does work out with readers I guess. Haha.
I literally just found out a plan for the Tide of Unmaking and portals problem.  I am so hyped now!  The best part about it is that it could actually work!  I also found out a way to weave some Christian influences into into the solution.  It has a bit to do with the Flood...;)
Endurance and Victory!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Indeed! :)
That's awesome! I'm so glad you did ... ooh, the Flood - that sounds very intriguing! Have you heard of AiG (answers in Genesis)? They have a lot of resources on the Flood/creation/ etc. They're really cool; if you haven't already, you should check them out!
Endurance and Victory!

~Karis Nightengale

Karis Nightengale
~ a
 song in the darkness
 ~

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Berinfell-Prophecies-Mashup-Book-tp166p175.html

~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
No, I haven't.  That sounds interesting though, I'll definitely be sure to check it out. Thanks!
Endurance and Victory!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Cool! Let me know what you think :)
Endurance and Victory!
-K

~Karis Nightengale

Karis Nightengale
~ a
 song in the darkness
 ~

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Berinfell-Prophecies-Mashup-Book-tp166p177.html

~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
(Sorry it took so long to respond)  I like it!  It's really helpful, so I'll probably be using it more.  I really love the picture it has for The Flood.  It seriously looks like the Tide, except with water, of course.  :)  Thanks again for bringing it up!
Endurance and Victory!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
No problem - that's awesome! I'm so glad! Our family buys a ton of resources from them, so we know a lot about it XD
Doesn't it?! So cool! We went to their Creation Museum and Ark Encounter; both were awesome!
Endurance and Victory!

~Karis Nightengale

Karis Nightengale
~ a
 song in the darkness
 ~

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Berinfell-Prophecies-Mashup-Book-tp166p179.html

~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Happy New Year!!

~Karis Nightengale

Karis Nightengale
~ a
 song in the darkness
 ~

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Karis Nightengale <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Ariel Evershield
Wow, I just came on here and saw all this, and it looks so cool!! I love how Berinfell seems to be growing so much! Lol, I feared for so long that no one would ever pick it up, and I'd just be left hanging for eternity, but it looks like I shouldn't have worried so much after all! :D
So, Winraven: First off, it's great to meet you!! I can't wait to see more of your Berinfell stories!! :) And because I always get into these kinds of things, I'm just curious about how you're planning your books to fit into the overall series. Are they, like, an alternate version/ AU fanfiction-type thing? I've thought about writing my own Berinfell story sometime, probably something lke a prequel focusing on the Sentinels in their younger days and the previous generation of Lords. It's just been so hectic with school and getting my own site and podcast up and running that I've never gotten really started on it. :)
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Happy New Year to you too!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Winraven Amberglade
Hey Ariel! Nice to meet you too! By the way, I love your Elven Padawan thing! :)  Yeah, same! I just found out about Berinfell Prophecies about a few years ago, so I was kinda late.  I saw all these Berinfell discussions online and I was amazed at how many people love the series, but most of the posts were years ago.  I came across the Phantom Pen and decided to join and bring Berinfell back up again.
As for my books, I don't think they are an alternate universe thing.  The "mashup" book I am doing currently takes place after the trilogy.  Okay, actually this one is probably more of an AU book sort of, but I am hopefully making it so that it all works out because I didn't really want it to be just there and not tie into everything.  In reality, there is a very slim chance that all these characters meet each other and at the same time too, but you know, Ellos makes it possible so nothing is impossible, right?
I love your idea about your own Berinfell book because I have actually thought about something like that too! :)  Okay, while we are on the subject, here are my Berinfell ideas.

-Next Generation Lords(the Seven's children growing up as "lords in training" but not knowing about Earth)
-Goldarrow and Grimwarden(how they met and such)
For now, the EG and OG book is kinda like one that is on the side.  I am working on it whenever I get the urge to or some inspiration comes up.  And for the next gen book, I just have notes and pieces of the book so far.
-Palor and Navira(possibly will do this in the future, just an idea)
-The Seven's parents as young Lords(again, way into the future)
-Time between the Fall of Berinfell and Curse of the Spider King(how the Sentinels found the Lords/how the Drefids gave the Lords to Earthly families.  A more in-depth kind of book.)

Yeah, so those are my many ideas.  Hopefully they'll happen in the future.
Happy (belated) New Year!
-Winraven

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Mashup Book

Karis Nightengale
Haha, I just saw all this. Awesome! ;)

~Karis Nightengale

Karis Nightengale