The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
First, Berinfell Prophecies absolutely rock!  Sir Batson and Sir Hopper did a fantastic job!
Since they opened the books up to the public, I decided to do the next in the series, entitled .... Threads of Darkness!  I only have about 11,000 words so far, and a outline that goes a little farther than that, but it is coming!  I'm hoping to finish it by Christmas, and have it published before/during 2018!! :)
I was curious what other authors out there were considering (or in the process of) making a Berinfell?
Endurance and Victory!
-Lady Eclipse
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Stephen Trent
That is so cool!

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Ariel Evershield
This post was updated on .
First, I must say to you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
As a HUGE fan of the Berinfell series, I have been waiting (and praying) for a continuation for quite a while now, and I was so excited when I saw this announcement just now!!
I had considered a continuation myself, however I have never written and published anything before, so I wanted to wait until I built my skills up a little more before starting out on something as huge as that.

Is this continuation picking up right after book 3, "The Tide of Unmaking", or are you moving out in the timeline a ways to focus on the next generation (if you don't mind sharing this information, that is )? (I'm guessing from the title that it will focus on the recovery from the events in book 3, but that's only a guess)

Have you seen my theory on how Elven surnames should be dealt with and passed through a family?

And my question to Sir Batson on the conundrum of Navira's surname? Perhaps you could discuss this and provide some sort of answer for this really confusing problem in your book, since it connects directly to Taeva and could have rather large implications, depending on what resolution is found for it. (One of my personal theories was that Navira was lying to Kat when she said she was of the line of Hiddenblade, or that Elves, particularly the group that Navira came from, had different customs when it came to surnames. But these still leave kinks to be worked out.)

Also, I want to say here and now that I volunteer my services as a beta reader/feedback-giver, if you are in need of one as you near that stage of the writing process.
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
Thank you!  That is so awesome - and very encouraging! :)
I totally understand - as it was, I am an unpublished author (with anything more than short story competitions) and although I've written a novel before, it is a little daunting!
I don't mind ... this is a continuation, yes :)  I will be picking off just a few days later (ish) ... but more than that, I cannot say ;)  You are a good guesser, lol!
I have read it, and oddly enough, I have had similar questions!  I will have to reread your hypothisis sometime soon, and I will definitely try to answer that in my book!  If I have any questions revolving around that, it would be great if I could ask you (and other members of the 'phantom pen') for advice/consistency stuff/etc.
That is awesome - thanks so much!  I am not quite at that stage, but I did actually have a small thing, Berinfell related.  Well, not exactly small, but you know ;)  I have constructed a crude map of Berinfell, and I would love it if anyone and everyone would verify/correct the landmarks (I attached it below.)
Thanks again for the encouraging words ... it really helps!
Here's the map; hopefully zooming allows you to read my handwriting, lol!

Map of Allyra.jpg (52K) Download Attachment
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Ariel Evershield
That map looks incredible!! I didn't see any problems with it based off confirmed landmarks in the previous books, though I'm not super well-versed in the layout of Allyra. But it's so awesome to finally get to see it all lain out on a map like that!
I would also guess that, depending on what exactly the Tide leaves behind after "unmaking" an area, most of the places that were in its path are completely obliterated... as in, I would suppose whole mountain ranges would be completely gone...
That's something I've really been stuck on after finishing the last book, wondering what would even be left after the Tide. Would there even be any dirt? Would it strip back all the entire top layers of the earth and leave nothing but rock beds? And if it's complete unmaking, then wouldn't it also destroy the atmosphere, literally subtracting all the air? And did it stay only on the surface of the world, or did it take out stars and other heavenly bodies as well?

OK, sorry for going on and on, it's just one of those things that I get stuck on with my fandoms sometimes. And I'm sure you've got an answer you'll reveal in your book.

And I would always be thrilled and honored anytime you need any feedback or anything along those lines concerning this!!
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
Great!  I'm so glad you think its good! :)
I agree, it definitely would leave behind obliteration ... I will cover that in my book.  I don't think I'm going to do the whole 'no galaxy, no atmosphere' thing, being it would kind of be hard to make anyone live (lol) but I'm thinking it will take the earth down to dirt (actually ash).  The reason I say it didn't destroy the atmosphere/stars/galaxies/etc. is because it would be nearly impossible for the tide to coincide with Earth and Allyra while they are both revolving on their separate axles and planetary rotations in space.  Also, however, I was thinking it would take out the surface of other planets such as mars, jupiter, etc, basically all the 'worlds.'  Do you think that would make sense?
Don't worry ... I love your hypotheses! ;)
Thanks so much for the offer!  As you can see, I already am asking you for opinions, lol! :D
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Ariel Evershield
Yes, it would certainly be tough to keep the story going if reality itself was completely "unmade"... especially since the loss of all those other masses, such as the moon and other planets, would probably render Earth (and Allyra) complete un-livable.
And I think the idea of everything being reduced to ash works fantastically! Unfortunately, I tend to be the kind of person who overthinks these things to a ridiculous degree, which is why I ended up with the idea that the whole galaxy and everything would be gone.

What you said about it being constant across all 'worlds' makes perfect sense as well! Though I'm wondering, since you said, "it would take out the surface of other planets such as Mars, Jupiter, etc, basically all the 'worlds,' " are you classifying each separate planet as a 'world'? So that Allyra is not actually another separate dimension or reality, but instead another planet that could potentially be reached by space travel (such as Earth's moon, Mars, Jupiter, and all the others)?

I had always assumed that Allyra, like C. S. Lewis' Narnia, was an entirely separate dimension and reality from our own. That's why there are things that wouldn't work in our 'world', and why it can only be reached by means of the portals. And why there are different constellations and such. I believe somewhere in one of the Narnia books, one character states that Narnia (and all the other 'worlds', such as Charn), are somehow completely removed from our own 'world', they can only be accessed through certain links, particularly ones Aslan opens for His own reasons. They said that no matter how far out into our space you went, you would never stumble across Narnia, you would never find that planet. Because it had its own, entirely seperate universe. That's why they are called 'worlds', not planets. And they have separate stars, beings, and even varied natural laws.

So now I'm just curious as to what approach your taking with your book, whether it will be confirmed as another planet in our same universe, or whole separate 'world', a.k.a. reality/dimension.

This may have nothing to do with anything, but I do remember that it was stated in one of the Berinfell Prophecies that the Drefids had explored other worlds besides Earth to find substantial life to harness as slaves, but hadn't really been able to find anything other than Earth. And I kinda got the idea that they stopped looking once they stumbled across Earth and saw how full it was, and how advanced its inhabitants were.

Okj, this went way longer than I intended it to, like i said, I totally overthink this stuff.
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
Great!  Oh, I totally don't mind ... like I said, I love that sort of thing - it keeps me challenged and thinking!
Actually, I was more considering the worlds as 'planets' not so much 'habitable' worlds, if you know what I mean ... I agree, I believe Sir Batson and Sir Hopper classified Allyra as a separate dimension as well, not an accessible through space travel.  That is so cool with the Narnia analogy!  I love Narnia, too.  But like I said, I agree, its another dimension, so the other 'planets' (Mars, Jupiter, etc,) would be destroyed partly as well, which earth would find out about.
So yes, Allyra is a separate 'world' and Jupiter and stuff are different 'planets' ... I should have probably clarified that, but I am no astronomer, lol!
Yep, I agree with your statement about the Drefids, although after the tide, will they still try to explore other worlds? 🤔😉
I totally love your 'over'thinking ... its so cool knowing someone else loves Berinfell!! :)
Let me know if you have any other thoughts/questions/ideas for Berinfell.
-Lady Eclipse
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Ariel Evershield
I'm sorry if I was being too picky, I wasn't trying to make it hard or anything.

I hadn't even thought of every planet in every 'world' being effected by the Tide, but that makes sense! I think that would definitely be a great way to go about it.

Aw, thank you, it's nice for me to know there are other people out there who are really passionate about these stories as well, and don't mind my obsessiveness.

And I have just one more request for when you write your book...please include plenty on the other Sentinels, like Regis, Anna, Mr. Charlie, and especially Goldarrow! Honestly, the huge cast of well-written secondary characters was one of the reasons why I loved Berinfell so much, and if you could keep that alive, that would be just so fantastic!! I know you've got your own plans for the story, and you may not want to focus on all the extras as much, but please at least give us plenty of Goldarrow. Even though she wasn't really a lead character, or even a Lord, she was one of my favs all throughout the series.
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
Oh, goodness no, I love picky! :)
Great!

I will definitely try to do that ... I love Goldarrow, too, and Grimwarden.  Hopefully I can think of an awesome side plot for them ;)
Let me know if you have any other ideas/requests ... I shall attempt to oblige! :D
-Lady Eclipse
~Karis Nightengale

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Ariel Evershield
Hello again!
I was just wondering if you had a website or social media page where you'll have updates on your book as it progresses, and where people interested can follow. I got a notice the other day that this forum has been relatively inactive for a while, and will close down soon because of that, and I wanted to make sure I still had a way to keep up with what was going on.
Hello there! It's Shay from the Elven Padawan podcast and blog! :D
https://elvenpadawan.wordpress.com/

Re: The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four

Karis Nightengale
Hey there!
I do, however, it is not currently 'active' by which I mean I am not sending the word out yet since I don't have anything published.  However, since this site is (sadly) shutting down, I think I can make an exception ... my web is www.karisnightengale.wordpress.com
Let me know what you think about it! Actually, I checked out your site, and that's when I decided to go the wordpress route!  Thanks for that! ;)
-Karis

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/The-Berinfell-Prophecies-Book-Four-tp109p126.html
To unsubscribe from The Berinfell Prophecies Book Four, click here.
NAML

~Karis Nightengale