Random Questions

Artanis
Hello, Mr. Batson! I've been a huge fan of The Door Within for years, but I've always had a few questions (also, please pardon any spelling mistakes I make in regards to in-universe terms: I only own the audiobooks). Um... quite a few questions.

1. How could Paragor have rebelled only a few decades ago, while the Schism occurred hundreds--if not thousands--of years before? Could Glimpses have blue or green eyes before Paragor rebelled? Was there a physical Christ-figure in the Mirror Realm that died when King Eliam did, or did He exist about two thousand years ago, like our Christ?

2. How widespread is the Story in the Mirror Realm, exactly? Aidan's father mentions that it used to be a very popular novel, and Aidan's art teacher doesn't recognize the Seven Fountains--which seems like it would be rather like a modern-day art teacher not recognizing a rendering of Calvary.

3. Was C.S. Lewis's Glimpse in the Elder Guard? I have absolutely no reason to think that he would be, but I've always wondered. ^_^

4. How do Paragor's knights not know they'll be taken through the Gates of Despair? It would be a pretty big deterrent for new recruits, I would think.

5. What's the general attitude towards followers of King Eliam in the Mirror Realm? Mr. Thomas, again, just treats the Story like it's a regular book, not even a religious text. If that's all the public thinks it is, then the followers of King Eliam would look like a group of people today believing that Tolkien's Legendarium is their new Bible.

6. How are there only legends about Torin's Vale? It always confused me because King Eliam is... right there. Why don't the Glimpses just ask Him about what happened?

7. How does one determine how "strong" a Glimpse would be in service to either King Eliam or Paragor, if such a thing is possible? Captain Valithor was, obviously, the Sentinel of the Realm--but Grampin wasn't any kind of religious leader, or even really known outside his personal sphere (I mean, as far as I know).

8. Are babies born with their eyes glinting any color, and if so, what?

That's all I have... for now. I've been ruminating on this series for years now, and I'm sorry for dumping all of these questions on you. When I saw the thing about this forum on your blog, all I could think was, "YES, FINALLY!"

-Artanis

Re: Random Questions

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
ARTANIS: Holy smokes! These are great questions. I wish I'd had you as a content editor when I was writing The Door Within books. I'm afraid, I don't really have answers for the questions because, quite honestly, I didn't really delve so deeply in that series. It was my very first book trilogy. To answer your questions, I'd really have to make up something new and then, act as if that's what I was thinking all along. LOL

Re: Random Questions

Artanis
Ha, thanks! Like I said, I've been thinking about this series for a long time. Plus, I'm writing a Glimpse character for this thing called the PPC--it's kinda hard to explain, so here's a link to the wiki. It's a lot of fun, and I knew I had to get at least one Glimpse agent in, especially because my screen name over there is "Alleb."

I'm a little sad about the questions, but I understand. Something that won't take any headcanon-ing, though: what did produce that giant turkey leg thing that Aidan ate his first day in Alleble?

-Artanis

Re: Random Questions

WayneThomasBatson
Administrator
That bizarre Alleb food item was just a random bit of imagination. Crafting the scene, I wanted some kind of strange food item, something to show how much of a fish out of water Aidan was, and POOF, there was the idea!