King Saul, David, and Jonathan Parallels?

King Saul, David, and Jonathan Parallels?

Winraven Amberglade
Hey, Mr. Batson! I was reading The Final Storm for the first time, and I read Chapter 7, Principles of Power and thought I spotted some parallels between the general scene in there and the Bible.  During that time, for school, I was watching a talk on the book of Samuel, I think.  The speaker was explaining the relationship between young David(eventually to become king), King Saul, and Saul's son, Jonathan.  Then I realized how similar that was to Aidan, Mr. Pierson, and Robby.  It was basically the same general scenario.

David was the "hero", and King Saul wanted to kill him, but there was one thing holding him back: his son.  Jonathan and David were good friends.  So, David was put in this position where his best friend's father wanted to kill him.  Hmm? Sounds familiar. :)
Aidan was very similar to David.  After going to Alleble, he was a hero, though nobody on Earth knew that.  Then he went to Robby's house and was confronted with Mr. Pierson.  Mr. Pierson wanted to essentially kill Aidan, but not with his son, Robby there.  Because Robby and Aidan were BEST FRIENDS.

I just thought that was pretty genius how similar they all were in that specific sense.  So I was curious if you got the idea from the Bible? Just wondering. :)
Thanks!
-Winraven