I could really use some calcification

TheInconceivable1
Ok I just finished reading the last dream treader book and this post revolves around questions I have so if you haven't read all the dreamtreder books yet this is a big spoiler. Anyway I'm kinda disappointed in the ending of 'War for the waking world.' so if either a fan or Wayne himself could help do some clarification that would be great. The biggest thing is I really didn't get the ending. So Archer and Kalie are making giant trees so they can put out massive amounts of EM waves in order to fix the rift, that much I get but then Kara comes to stop them with Bezel controlled Nick in cobalt netting everything just falls apart for me. So archer goes on to explain to kara that ruling the world is really Bezels idea and she's just a puppet and then Kara just turns good? she releases this huge wave of energy and then just says "What... what do I need to do." so she just gives up, just like that? and then we just skip like a week and a half into the future and basically she's being accused of being a terrorist and as such is likely to be put in prison for the rest of her life or executed, so no real redemptive ending there. Another thing I don't get is both she and Rigby have this whole red lightning thing going on which I assume comes from reading the masters bindings but they don't turn evil as the creeds predicted, at least not ultimately. Both Kara and Rigby are able to read the masters bindings, become a lot more powerful, and still be good in the end. So then why doesn't archer just read the books, he obviously isn't going to turn evil because if Rigby could resist it then Archer definitely could. Also I have a question about the harquin vale. It supposedly makes the world look nice while it really is destroyed underneath right but say for instance a wall is missing in someone's house. If they go to lean on that wall and just fall threw aren't they going to think something's off? Also are the drones that replace people who die actually real, like robots, or just imaginary things that have no substance like the rest of the vail. Also what's up with the whole will restricting cobalt hand cuffs. I guess technically they've been around for a while cuz I think the lurker uses them on the first book but how can something formed by will restrict it? It just doesn't make sense. Ok thats all ive got for now, I appreciate any calcification anyone can give.
Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Re: I could really use some calcification

FireLily
Hello! I am not Mr. Batson, but I think I may be able to clear up those questions of yours. The first one, about Kara, is quite easy. The whole time, Kara had believed that her ideas were hers, but really they were Bezeal's. Do you remember how Nick was turned evil, but then in the last book he turned good again suddenly? It's because he realized he could overcome Bezeal's 'Whisper Treatment' thing, and he realized that Bezeal was controlling him. I believe something similar happened to Kara. Now to the second question, about the Master's Bindings. Kara Windchil and Rigby Thames are lucid walkers, not dreamtreaders. you know they're different because the Dreamtreaders are the only ones that can see old Jack, I'm pretty sure. Nick couldn't see Old Jack at first, but he was, in fact, Lucid Dreaming. So this might explain how it might not be as bad for a Lucid Walker to read the bindings. But then again, maybe being super powerful isn't good after all. it never went into detail what happened to them when they read the Bindings, so maybe they do have to deal with something bad? anyway, to the third question about the Harlequinn Veil. Obviously it's not just a projection, but real matter. a different reality of sorts. remember when Kaylie pulled back the veil to see reality? maybe the Harlequinn Veil is matter. and so that would explain the drones as well. Remember, this is the Rift, so anything could happen in a dream world. your last question confuses me a little. But surely we can sort this one out as well. If you think about it, you could probably resolve it yourself. But I'll give you a similar analogy. Think about how diamonds are one of the only things (which are extremely few) hard enough to cut into a diamond. (It's not the best Analogy, but it's what I have right now.) I hope this helps!
Hello! I'm your typical fantasy writer.... and reader!
Of Mr. Batson's books, I've read:
Dreamtreaders
one and a half of The Berinfell Prophecies
The Door Within
two and a half of The Isle Chronicles

I also love cats.... so.... :3

Re: I could really use some calcification

TheInconceivable1
I would say your answers are... satisfactory XD. I thought the dream treaders was a good book but it needed work in the ending if you ask me!

Winraven Amberglade
Hey! Yeah, I have to agree with FireLily too on those questions.  The whole Kara repents thing was kinda anti-climatic(sorry!) and it did seem like she turned good rather easily.  But it was all Bezeal who put those ideas into her head and basically took control of her.  Cause that's what he does: he feeds off of people's anger and sadness and enslaves them as his own and they don't even know it.  (Speaking of enslaving, side note, I was expecting more gort in War for the Waking World.  I'm weird, but yeah.)  Anyway, yeah, Rigby and Kara weren't affected to the maximum by the Masters' Bindings because it says in the Creeds I think that only if Dreamtreaders read them then they will be heavily affected and it is just not meant to be.  I thought it was very similar to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Adam and Eve, and the Apple.  The Dreamtreaders are advised to not read the Bindings because bad things will happen to them, but Kara reads them and says that it gives you more power and knowledge of things.  Just my thoughts on those things too. :)

Re: I could really use some calcification

TheInconceivable1
well I guess I kinda agree, thanks!

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 7:18 AM Winraven Amberglade [via The Phantom Pen] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://the-phantom-pen.1127394.n5.nabble.com/I-could-really-use-some-calcification-tp182p236.html
To start a new topic under The Dreamtreaders Trilogy, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from I could really use some calcification, click here.
NAML
Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Re: I could really use some calcification

Winraven Amberglade
Yep, no problem!