I could really use some calcification

TheInconceivable1
Ok I just finished reading the last dream treader book and this post revolves around questions I have so if you haven't read all the dreamtreder books yet this is a big spoiler. Anyway I'm kinda disappointed in the ending of 'War for the waking world.' so if either a fan or Wayne himself could help do some clarification that would be great. The biggest thing is I really didn't get the ending. So Archer and Kalie are making giant trees so they can put out massive amounts of EM waves in order to fix the rift, that much I get but then Kara comes to stop them with Bezel controlled Nick in cobalt netting everything just falls apart for me. So archer goes on to explain to kara that ruling the world is really Bezels idea and she's just a puppet and then Kara just turns good? she releases this huge wave of energy and then just says "What... what do I need to do." so she just gives up, just like that? and then we just skip like a week and a half into the future and basically she's being accused of being a terrorist and as such is likely to be put in prison for the rest of her life or executed, so no real redemptive ending there. Another thing I don't get is both she and Rigby have this whole red lightning thing going on which I assume comes from reading the masters bindings but they don't turn evil as the creeds predicted, at least not ultimately. Both Kara and Rigby are able to read the masters bindings, become a lot more powerful, and still be good in the end. So then why doesn't archer just read the books, he obviously isn't going to turn evil because if Rigby could resist it then Archer definitely could. Also I have a question about the harquin vale. It supposedly makes the world look nice while it really is destroyed underneath right but say for instance a wall is missing in someone's house. If they go to lean on that wall and just fall threw aren't they going to think something's off? Also are the drones that replace people who die actually real, like robots, or just imaginary things that have no substance like the rest of the vail. Also what's up with the whole will restricting cobalt hand cuffs. I guess technically they've been around for a while cuz I think the lurker uses them on the first book but how can something formed by will restrict it? It just doesn't make sense. Ok thats all ive got for now, I appreciate any calcification anyone can give.
Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."